Friday, August 31, 2018

My genius will never be understood in my lifetime - it's okay, neither will yours.

Anyways, so I recorded this piss-funny black metal parody album in 2007, and it was meant to be stupid as crap. I had a dodgy bass guitar with a cheap distortion pedal and a tiny practice amp. I discovered that most of the chaps responsible for Norwegian Black Metal were just Dungeons & Dragons nerds (been there, done that). American Evangelists used to pick on D&D as the Devil's Game - and obviously they were right! I mean church-burnings? Murder? Yup, rolling them dice is rollin' with Satan, son.
Now how was I NOT going to make a band based around this malarkey?
Well, long story short, 666 Sided Dice by +3 BROADSWORD (album logo designed with a pen between my toes) was written and recorded in about 2 days. It has become a contentious, controversial album - you will find bootlegs of it on black metal blogs and ppl debating if it is trve kvlt - or trve bollocks.
It is both.
I basically tried to be as cliched as possible, and as raw as possible (BM is not supposed to be fun, remember all you pipsqueak youngsters out there: NO FUN, NO MOSH - BM is supposed to be yoo gee ell fuckin why).
Anyways, here's the best review I've come across:
www.metal-archives.com/reviews/%2B3_Broadsword/666_Sided_Dice/202893/Valfars_Ghost/362797#more

- it had me wiping tears with laughter. He totally nails how awful this thing is, but he also thinks I'm being serious.... XD

So while you read it, put on the album, just below:

No comments:

Post a Comment